Hurricanes are strong storms that can be life-threatening as well as cause serious property-threatening hazards such as flooding, storm surge, high winds and tornadoes. Preparation is the best protection against the dangers of a hurricane. Know the difference between the threat levels and plan accordingly.
- Listen to a NOAA Weather Radio (Available on the Red Cross Store) for critical information from the National Weather Service (NWS).
- Check your disaster supplies. Replace or restock as needed.
- Bring in anything that can be picked up by the wind (bicycles, lawn furniture).
- Close your windows, doors and hurricane shutters. If you do not have hurricane shutters, close and board up all windows and doors with plywood.
- Turn your refrigerator and freezer to the coldest setting. Keep them closed as much as possible so that food will last longer if the power goes out.
- Turn off propane tank.
- Unplug small appliances.
- Fill your car’s gas tank.
- Create a hurricane evacuation plan with members of your household. Planning and practicing your evacuation plan minimizes confusion and fear during the event.
- Find out about your community’s hurricane response plan. Plan routes to local shelters, register family members with special medical needs and make plans for your pets to be cared for.
- Obey evacuation orders. Avoid flooded roads and washed out bridges.
- Standard homeowners insurance doesn’t cover flooding. It’s important to have protection from the floods associated with hurricanes, tropical storms, heavy rains and other conditions that impact the U.S. For more information on flood insurance, please visit the National Flood Insurance Program Web site at www.FloodSmart.gov.
FIND AN NIRC CONTRACTOR
SEE WHAT THE INDUSTRY IS RAVING ABOUT
"It is a privilege to be recognized by a leader by the NIRC as a Platinum Preferred Contractor. Our company is dedicated to providing the best service to commercial and residential property owners, and we hold ourselves to the highest standards. We have an excellent reputation and a very happy client base, we’re committed to helping property owners, every step of the way."
"We focus on providing our customers with only the best quality work and creating long-lasting, trusting relationships with our clients. It is an honor that our hard work is recognized by the NIRC, a leading advocacy organization dedicated to improving the industry standard nationwide. We’re excited to grow with the vetted NIRC member network."
"Operational excellence is our mission in every project we undertake, and we pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service to property owners. We’re honored to be an esteemed member of the National Insurance Restoration Council."
We specialize in helping our customers through the process of dealing with insurance companies, and the NIRC is a highly esteemed accreditation to have. The NIRC is a major advocate for improved legislation. People make jokes all the time about ‘keeping a roof over your head,’ but for our licensed, professional team of roofing experts, it's our promise to our valued clients. We keep up to date on zoning laws, building permit requirements and homeowners association guidelines, so property owners can be sure to get the job done right the first time on time and within budget.
We are very proud to become a Platinum Preferred Contractor with the NIRC. Working in the restoration industry, we are committed to providing our customers with exceptional work. It is an honor to be recognized by the NIRC, a leader in industry reform that sets the bar for everyone.
We are committed to setting high standards in the relatively new insurance restoration industry in Hawaii. Many property owners in Hawaii have many questions on how to handle the insurance claims process. We are dedicated to helping our clients deal with their restoration project, every step of the way. We’re excited to be a member of the NIRC and help educate more and more people with their accreditation and consumer advocacy.
Joining the National Insurance Restoration Council and obtaining this prestigious membership is a great opportunity for our company. Over the years, we’ve been featured in the Inc 500 list and numerous niche construction publications. We are very proud of our workmanship and customer satisfaction.
We’re proud to be a certified member of the NIRC. We carry numerous prestigious certifications and strive to remain ahead of the curve in the insurance restoration industry to better serve our customers.
The NIRC is a solid consumer advocacy organization that protects property owners and the construction companies. The NIRC definitely raises the bar for everyone. We’re excited to be on board.
We’re excited to be a certified member of the NIRC. This level of organization is very needed in our industry. It ultimately protects everyone, and most importantly, helps property owners get back on their feet quickly with the right contractor.
We are honored to be a member of the NIRC, it really raises the standard in our industry.
As a family owned business that has obtained most of our business via word-of-mouth, we are proud of our reputation and our high ethical standards. We’re excited to be a certified member of the NIRC.
I’m proud to become a member of the NIRC Advisory Board. This organization is paving the way in industry reform.
The National Insurance Restoration Council is a solid organization with a great reputation. It is increasingly important to screen qualified contractors to help reduce the risk in an inherently risky industry such as construction.
As one of the industry’s leading minds, Radcliff paves the way in leading reform and raising the bar in the industry
We’re proud to join the NIRC and be part of a leading organization that vets contractors from all over the industry that have integrity and a high standard of ethics and integrity. We are aligned with the same principles established by the NIRC
The NIRC is a leading organization that protects both property owners and contractors. We are honored to become accredited with the NIRC, and continue to serve our community with marked professionalism.