The National Insurance Restoration Council (NIRC) Vetted Member Network believes that each of us, as individuals and organizations, owe our community, colleagues, customers and each other a duty and responsibility to conduct ourselves in an honest and ethical manner.
As a leader in the insurance restoration industry, we fill the gap in contractor association, roofing association and storm association to make the industry more accountable and push for industry reform.
NIRC Code of Ethics: Objectives
- To promote better, more informed relations between NIRC members and their customers.
- To improve consumer confidence in the industry. The NIRC believes that each of us, as individuals and organizations, owe our community, colleagues, customers and each other a duty and responsibility to conduct ourselves in an honest and ethical manner.
NIRC Member Pledge:
- To further express my commitment to the principles of skill, responsibility, and integrity, I pledge to conduct my company according to the following standards.
- My word is my bond and is stronger than a written contract.
- I will treat others as I desire and expect to be treated by them.
- I will put safety and compliance with codes, laws and regulations above profit.
- I will respect and protect the environment.
- I will do my best to produce quality projects on time, at good value.
- I will assume responsibility for my actions.
- I will maintain in good standing all appropriate and necessary licenses and insurance.
- I will comply with all laws and regulations of the jurisdiction and of the industry in which I work.
- I will communicate fairly and accurately with my customers with respect to the scope and quality of my work agreements.
- I will answer fully all my customer’s concerns before, during and after the work has been completed.
- I will endeavor to persuade others within my organization and all for whom I am responsible to embrace these standards.
- I am committed to raising standards of service to my customers.
- I will be open, fair, and honest in dealings with customers and commit to high standards
- I will ensure my Employees and my Authorized Representatives will conduct their services in an honest, efficient, fair and transparent manner.
- I will insure my Employees and my Authorized Representatives receive adequate training to carry out their tasks and functions competently.
- I accept responsibility for the quality of workmanship and materials.
- I will handle all complaints in a timely fashion and to my customer’s satisfaction.
- Where an error or mistake in handling complaints is identified, I will immediately initiate action to correct it.